Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2011/07/22

4 weeks pregnant

Hi Doc,
I''m approx 4 weeks pregnant. i have had 2 miscarriages last year.

Around 2 weeks - i started bleeding heavy, went to the doc, all was good except my progestrone levels were low after the blood test. So i have been taking cyclogest every night for this.
Today, i had a light brown dicharge - should i be worried. i am so terrified, i really hope that all will be okay

Please advise soonest

It is hard to say what the discharge means. You will have to wait and see what happens in the next few days.

3

Posted by: Nakes | 2011/07/26

I also went thru the same thing and is also currently 4wks, i would go to you doctor as both my previous MC occured in the same way. i realize this is not what you would like to hear but i would be worried. i am dreading the same thing cause i would normally MC at about 6wks.

Reply to Nakes
Posted by: Lindie (Midwife) | 2011/07/25

Hi Sarah

Unless your bleeding is bright red, has clots in and is accompanied by pain, there shouldn''t be anything to worry about. It is quite common for women to spot during early pregnancy. Just ensure that you monitor yourself closely and if you are unsure, do go to the doctor just to make sure all is ok.

Good luck!!

Reply to Lindie (Midwife)