Posted by: Tracy | 2009-07-21

4 week fat burner

My gym is currently offering a programme - its called the 4 and a half week fat burner - its guaranteed that you will lose 4kgs in 4 weeks - you have to follow their diet (which has been explained to me - its NOT low carb, high protein or anything like that - but wholegrains, nuts, seeds, lean protein etc) and we have to attend a personal trainer designed gym routine 4 x per week. What do you think of 4kgs in 4 weeks - is this not a little to fast? They do say though its not a life-plan, just something to boost metabolism and toning - something I need badly as I was doing so well, but have fallen off the wagon. I, myself only need to lose approx. 5kgs. Do you think it will stay off if lost so quick. They also suggest I should be able to do it easily because I have so little to lose, but I thought the less you had to lose, the slower it took. Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Tracy
If the diet the gym suggests is balanced and low in fat and not too minimalistic (too few kJ), then there is no harm in using it and the proposed exercise programme. A loss of between 0,5 and 1 kg of weight is perfectly acceptable and not really too fast. You are, however, correct that you may not lose the full 4 kg because your weight is already close to normal. As you say, the less you have to lose, the longer it will take. If the programme is not too expensive then by all means try it and see how much you do lose in 4 weeks. If you lose less than 4 kg, then Please don't get despondent and Don't let the gym instructors badger you that you are not doing enough, etc., because you know this is due to your present relatively low weight and not their stories.

Posted by: Mmmmmm | 2009-07-22

It has nothing to do with the fat-burner and everything with the personal trainer.

Reply to Mmmmmm