Question
Posted by: Smanga | 2009-01-15

4 months pregnant, and get severe cramps

Hi. I' m now 4 months pregnant and get these severe lower abdominal cramps. They started at the beginning of my second trimester and use to be once or twice a day. But now I get them every five minutes and cannot even concentrate on my work anymore. I spoke to my GP and he says its normal and cuased by my growing uterus. I can' t go on like this. I need another solution besides pain killers. Something that won' t harm my baby.

Thanks. Smanga

There isn't really anything you can take in pregnancy besides Panados. Ask your doctor to check that your cervix is not dilating.