Question
Posted by: aylo | 2008/12/15

4 month old eating plam

hi doc please could u advise me on a eating plan for my four month old- he' s on formula and i just started hime on rice cereal how much should i give him at each feed i' m giving it to him twice a day- when do i start introducing yello veg

Dear Aylo
Nutrition experts agree that infants should preferably not be weaned until the age of 6 months, but as you have started your son on rice cereal he will probably expect semi-solid foods from now on. Click on 'Child' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read the articles on Infant feeding. At the moment your baby needs tiny portions (1 teaspoon at a time) once or twice a day. Cooked, pureed vegetables can be introduced around the age of 6 months. Also click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and do a Search for the 2 articles I wrote earlier this year on: "WEANING FOODS INFLUENCE THE REST OF YOUR CHILD’S LIFE" and "WHAT WEANING FOODS TO GIVE BABY".