Question
Posted by: CT | 2009-08-06

4 month old

I try to give my 4 month old twins so probiotic on a regular basis. I boost them before injections. Im giving them probiotics now since Im sending them to daycare next week and want to boost their imune systems. Is this healthy? And they seem to have very loose stools after a probiotic feed. Is this normal?

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

So sorry about the late response, you have possibly given up on me by now.
Yes it is a very good idea to boost your children’s immune systems, especially as they are going to day care. There is good data using REUTERI drops showing that day care children were protected, having fewer Dr visits, less antibiotics, less gastro problems.
Refer to references at www.biogaia.com
Any loose stools may be caused by many reasons, if linked to a probiotic they should stabilize quickly.