Question
Posted by: First timer | 2009/02/14

4 days late, blood test neg

Hi Doc,

My last period started on 13 January 09. My periods are normally 28 days, so my period should have started on Tuesday (10 Feb). I had bouts of nausia on and of from Thursday. So I did a blood test yesterday, and the count was 0. Is it possible that it can still be too early for a test to show anything? I had a miscarriage in Dec, but a normal period in Jan. Can the miscarriage have an effect on this period?

Thanks!

The miscarriage can affect your cycle. Wait a week and retest if your period has not started.