Question
Posted by: Angelique | 2011/01/12

3yr old cannot control his emotions

I have tried numerous methods and whilst some work at times nothing seems to work for long. He throws tantrums, screams and hits and I do not know how to manage this. I dont want to break his spirit and I need to know who to turn to for advice.

If you are applying generally accepted methods to administer a rational and usual set of rules / behaviour expectations, you will not "break his spirit". But don't sweat the little things. Try to watch the Supernanny and similar shows on DSTV, to see how it can work. Try the time-out procedure she recommends

1