Posted by: cassidy | 2010-04-16

3rd degree ankle sprain

I have a 3rd degree ankle sprain, tore off all my muscle right aroung my foot when stepping in a hole(both sides, top of foot as well as back) going for 6weeks now. i have a ankle brace I need to wear. I feel pain when wearing it, but when i take it off I can walk better, not 100%, why is this? another thing is, i still cant bend my foot to walk normal, it just doesnt want to,and it still feels a bit tender and swollen when walking too much without crutches. WILL I EVER WALK NORMAL! i feel so useless!

This injury will take at least 12 weeks to recover. You should wear the ankle brace and consult a physiotherapist for rehabilitation of your foot. Be patient, it will take a long time.