Question
Posted by: Col | 2009-01-26

&#39 Sweet'  Saliva

Hi Doc - sometimes I fall asleep while watching TV in the evenings (which hasn' t happened in a long time!) and twice or three times have woken up with a ' sweet'  taste in my mouth which I haven' t really experienced previously. Could this be a symptom of something? I am a 53 year-old menopausal female. Could it have something to do with my sugar level? Thank-you.

Dear Col
I think you may maybe get a bit of acid reflux when you sleep - this could affect your taste. If you have a family history of diabetes, it will do no harm to just check your fasting blood sugar too