Posted by: Semu | 2009-01-26

38wks preg, sore throat, headache, etc

a bit worried now, i'  m 38 weeks preg, but i'  m have just started having a sore throat, and headaches. was on the doctor on tuesday, gave me some medication but still no change, recently i have also noticed a pain inside my nose, and tonsils. today it was a nose bleeding, i often feels dizzy during the day, have no food appetite. i know i should be having lot of appetite since i'  m on my ninth month but its a different story to me.
kindly advise if there iis anything wrong with me... what impact it will have to my baby.
does this put my baby at risks of being born with some sickness as well

Dear Semu
It sounds as if you have a viral infection. It can affect the baby in that some infections can go over the placenta and cause illness in the baby, so please rather go for a follow-up examination at your doctor, as the medication should have helped by now