Posted by: Skye | 2009-03-23

38 weeks pregnant - urgent question

Good Morning Doc

I am currently 38weeks and 3 days pregnant. Yesterday afternoon I had a gush of water running down my legs. Obviously thinking that it was my water that broke I want to the hospital. They could not find evidence that it was my water that has broken and said that it could be hind water and not the " real"  water - what does this mean? No one I' ve spoken to has heard of this term before?

See the question 2 below yours.

Posted by: Angel | 2009-03-23

I agree with Zaza. I had the same problem with my first and she had to be delivered at 35/36 week through emergency C-Section.

Take care

Reply to Angel
Posted by: Zaza | 2009-03-23

I' ve already answered ur question on the Pregnancy Chatline.

Your amniotic fluid is leaking, you need to see your doc as soon as possible as your LO might get an infection, and you need strict bed rest.

My amniotic fluid leaked at 36w2d and i went into labour 3 days later

Reply to Zaza