Question
Posted by: Ker27 | 2008/08/27

36 weeks Pregnant, how safe is vibration

I am 36 Weeks pregnant and am worried as they building next door to work and are busy leveling the ground with a hugh roller.

My office is on the second floor, and i feel every vibration, everything is shaking.

I need to know how safe is it for my baby to be exposed to this.

Many Thanks
Kerry

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Kerry
The subject sounded funny and I have to admit - I had a laugh. However, the wonderful thing about pregnancy is that you protect your baby against any possible harmful events. Continuous vibration such as driving on a gravel road may hasten the onset of labour, but the vibration you describe should most possibly just be uncomfortable.

Welma