Question
Posted by: T | 2010/07/28

35 weeks pregnant and period like pains

I am 35 weeks pregnant and for the past couple of weeks i have been having these horrible period like pains (in my lower back and lower tummy). Is this normal? There is no bleeding. Often i get like a cramp in my groin area or lower tummy area as well. Baby is still moving as per usual. Is this anything to worry about? Also, is one expected to go for a scan as per the 12 week and 20 / 21 week scan closer to the time to see how big baby is and approximate weight, etc or is it fine not to? I am from a small town and have to travel to have a scan like that done.

Hallo T
You don't have to go for a late pregnancy scan if not required by your doctor. Late in pregnancy one can get light contractions called Braxton Hicks contractions, which is not painful or anything to be worried about. If the pain is severe you should let your doctor (GP) have a look as you may have a urinary tract infection.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/28

Hallo T