Question
Posted by: kulsum | 2010-06-14

35 weeks pregnant

hi Doc

i am 35 weeks pregnant and have benn spotting since 34 weeks i have been to my gynea but he says there is nothing that they can do other than wait. is this dangerous the spotting comes and goes so its not consistant. my gynea has also givin me steroids to prep the babies lungs. he also stoped my labour at 34 weeks because i was dialated. the blood has since stopped but i have a brown discharge like dead blood. i am a bit worried. please assist.

It depends what is causing the bleeding. If it is from the cervix, ot from the dilatation, then it is not a problem. However, if it is from the placenta it could be.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-06-16

Posted by: G | 2010-06-14

Yes. it is probably just a bit of old blood. See what Gynae doc recommends. All the best.

Reply to G