Posted by: DEE | 2012-02-29

Dear Dr i have pulmonary embolism was on warfarin since last year aug till feb this year my dr said i must stop the warfarin however I always had a hair loss problem and when i found out i had clots i was on cyprterone tablet but stopped it immediately then i went to my dermotologist last week told him about the pulmonary embolism and taht im off warfarin he must me on FINPECIA FOR 6 MONTHS and said its safe seeing that im alergic to hormonal meds MY QUESTION IS , IS IT SAFE becase the leaflet inside says its not for female but he gave it to me please advise

The dermatologist will be well informed and he/she will have experience using this drug. Please ask him/her why in particular this drug was prescribed for you.