Question
Posted by: daniel | 2008/08/25

33 y and high blood pressure

Hi Doc,

i need a second opinion please.

i' m male 33 86kg, and have mesuared my blood pressure at 140/90 for almost 6 months now. I am a blood donor and go to clinics to check.

about a week ago my pressure has been close to 160/100 for no apparent reson.

went to doc on satyrday and without any hesitation put me on pills (forgot the name - i think at 4mg per day) for 30 days to monitor. I just thought this was a little to quick to go on pills immetiatly? No 24 hour monitoring or anything?

my question - do i stay on the pills for 30 days? I do feel a bit dizzy and not 100%. Can i rather take half a tablet a day?

it' s just quite a shock to go from no pills in my life to blood pressure pills in a saturday morning from a doctor who did not asn a lot of question .....just prescribed some pills immediatly.

Please post to CyberDoc.

1
Posted by: dol | 2008/08/25

Hi,i am 27 and have High blood pressure as well.it is really disturbing to be on the pills at such a young age.i m taking half a tablet of Ridaq &  one full pharmapress in the mornings. My question as well is do we really have to be on this pills for our entire life?Can somebody please put our minds at ease.

I developed it when i was on my last months of pregnancy &  now it doesnt want to go down. I went in to the clinic last friday &  it was normal.&  i am still breastfeeding, wouldnt the pills affect the baby?

Reply to dol