Question
Posted by: Julia | 2011/05/16

33 &  never been to a gynae!

I''m 33 &  have never been to a gynae before. I''m very nervous about going. I know I have to go now, especially as the clock is ticking. I would like to know when is the best time to go (in the cycle) I''ve heard that it is best to go a few days after your period ends -is this true? Thanks

It is probably not ideal to go during your period. Otherwise any time is fine.

4
Posted by: Julia | 2011/06/08

Thanks very much for the support &  kind words. Have made an appointment...

Reply to Julia

Posted by: Louise | 2011/05/17

It''s very important to go, especially if you have had sex before or is sexually active. I am 33 as well and the gynae picked up growths that had to be removed. Luckily it was all clear. You don''t have to be scared. The check up is quick and painless and if you are not comfortable with your gynae, go to someone else who makes you feel comfortable. Good luck!

Reply to Louise
Posted by: ama | 2011/05/17

Anytime as my first visit had nothing to do with my periods
Good luck &  you have to relax ..though i prefer men gynaes than females

Reply to ama