Posted by: DEE | 2011-09-20

DEAR DR please advice if I need to loose about 5 kgs and cm off my mid section and back and sholders
what is the for me tot do How many minutes of cardio
can I do taebo dvd at home thats about 30 minutes but concentrates on abs and glutes
I am taking warfarin meds to keep my blood from clotting so i need something moderate but effective my dr said i ca do cadio but nothing to strenous
thank you

Hi Dee

Well, diet is more effective than exercise for weight loss. So my advice is to consult first with a dietician, and then consider exercise (which is equally vital, for many other areas).

Then when you start exercise, which as I say is a really good thing, it's cardio, and your doctor is quite right, you need to just be careful, start easy. There are a number of programmes at this website:

The walking programme would be a good starting point for you, that's where I'd pick it up. Do all this in consultation with a doctor - first prize, actually, is to work with a biokineticist, who can supervise the training, because you do have a risk factor and that's always advisable when on medication!