Question
Posted by: dee | 2011/10/06

32 YEAR OLD FEMALE

Dear Dr
I was on the Pill tripysal then had to go off it because i was admitted to ICU for blood clots plumonary embolism
now i Take warfarin however i am so put off sex is it the meds my relationship is rocky as well and i have seek counselling in that regard I dont even get urges
is this normal

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

Warfarin should not take away your sexual desire. I am sure the shock of ICU is still with you. So give yourself some time to recover from this. It is understandable that you would not feel sexy after such a shock

Im betting that your relationship is causing your low sexual desire- it works like this - women and their relationships have to be in synch before they can feel desire. I also hope you have been placed on an alternative form of contraception as you do not want to worry about pregnancy as this is sure to take away your desire. yes get counselling together.

2
Posted by: Ageing and Sexuality expert | 2011/10/23

Reply to Ageing and Sexuality expert
Posted by: Gugu | 2011/10/11

Direct your question to the GyneaDoc

Reply to Gugu