Question
Posted by: anon | 2010/03/05

32 year old

am i too old to have a baby - my daughter is 6 years old - it took me 41/2 years to have her - my problem is that i only get my periods every 3 months - i dont want to have another baby when im too old as my daughter is already in grade one this year
please advise

Dear Anon

You are still well within the reproductive fertile age and seem to have an ovulatory problem. I suggest you visit your gynaecologist or fertility specialist as soon as possible.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/03/11

Dear Anon

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Clare | 2010/03/05

Hi Anon,

I think the first step is to undergo a full medical examination by your gynae. If you are only having your periods every three months you are very probably not ovulating.Your gynae will order a few blood tests to check your fasting insulin, progesterone etc. once he has those results you can go from there. More than likely he will put you on clomid to assist you with ovulation. Sending you lots of baby dust...

Reply to Clare