Question
Posted by: blue | 2011/02/22

32 weeks pregnant - weight

I''''m 32 weeks pregnant and 2 weeks ago(30 weeks), the baby was 1.8kg and is now 2.5kg.

I was thinking that this seems like a huge gain in weight for the little one, and if it goes on at this rate (300 g a week), then the baby will be massive!

What do you think? Is this weight normal?

The measurements on ultrasound scan are not that accurate. However, it does sound like the baby is quite big for 32 weeks and may end up being a large baby.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2011/02/23

As you get closer to the end of pregnancy, baby puts on more and more weight as they start laying down fat.

Remember that the weight of your baby based on scan measurements is an estimate and not exact.

Most babies weight somewhere between about 2.8kg and 4kg, wiht the average being about 3kg. Some babies are bigger than 4kg though, but it is rare for a baby to pass 5kg (though it can happen - but usually only if the mom has gestational diabetes).

Reply to Purple