Question
Posted by: J | 2010-02-03

31 year old female - Urinating too much?

I' d just like to know if I am urinating too much?
I think I am - I get up every night at least once or twice (last night was 4 times!). I don' t think I drink too much and have tried cutting it down. Maybe around 2 litres a day (I am quite thirsty &  have a dry mouth as I am on antidepressants - Fluoxetine - and a mood stabiliser - lamotrigine).
It is interfering with my sleep.
I am only 31, so I think this may be excessive! I have checked blood sugar &  I don' t have an infection in my bladder. During the day, I go to the loo around once every hour - hour &  a half.
I' m also on the contraceptive pill and take antihistamines for hayfever. My doctor just told me to drink less, which didn' t help anyway.
What should I do?

Hallo J
You may have an overactive bladder. You are not drinking too much, you should drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. See if taking Urispas tablets helps, and if not, ask your GP to refer you to an urologist for further testing (they do an urinating systogram test which looks at the irritability of the bladder)
See http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003140.htm

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-02-03

Hallo J

Reply to cyberdoc