Question
Posted by: dee | 2010/09/13

31 YEAR OLD

Dear Dr
Plese help me every 2 months my weight seems to increase by about 2 kgs wehn i go weigh for my injection contreception it was always constant but i went from 57 TO 63 KGS IN 6 months
I am hurgy all the time
Is it the injection that is makiing me gain weight
Please advise what foods i can eat to loose weight i am going to start excersing as well plan to do about 40mins monday to Thursday
How can i then keep it off

Dear Dee
Contraceptive hormone treatments can indeed cause weight gain. So please discuss this with the dr who is prescribing your injections. You can try eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), which should prevent you feeling hungry all the time and assist with weightloss. If you can do 40 min of exercise for 4 days a week, that would also help to counteract the gain. Concentrate on doing aerobic exercises like running, skipping, cycling, swimming, rather than working with weights.

1

Dear Dee