Question
Posted by: Linda | 2010-02-07

31 with Acne

I' m 31 years old and have these very fine pimples on my forehead and sometimes get 2 big ones on my chick. Had this problem for almost a year now, i' ve never had pimples in my life and this is very frustrating. I' ve been using Garnier Pure active(face wash/scrub, toner and moisturise) for more than 4months now but its not helping and i' m worried i' m gonna damage my skin if these pimples dont go away. I do not have oily skin, i cleanse, tone and moisturise day and night(use night cream) I use all water based moisturisers since i was a teenager. I started using make-up to cover up these marks (its all water based). I am not sure what to do anymore.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Linda, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my response.

Your best option is to see a dermatologist who can examine the skin and advise you on the best treatment options.

Adult acne is typically associated with hormonal changes and may be difficult to treat with a topical regime only however you may only need to add a specific ‘anti-acne’ topical such as Differin. Furthermore I would also suggest to use an oil free SPF and to avoid the sun as much as possible and please remember not to scrub the skin but to rather wash the face gently (twice daily).

A number of other possibilities for the whiteheads and pustules can exist:
Even though you feel your skin is dry there may be an increased number and/or size of pores
Reactions to various environmental/medication etc. factors
Rosacea type acne

2
Posted by: Linda | 2010-02-16

Thank you Doc, much apreciated

Reply to Linda
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010-02-14

Rosacea type acne

Reply to anti-ageing expert