Question
Posted by: ZD | 2009/11/12

30 YEAR OLD FEMALE

DEAR DR I AM 30 YEARS OLD I HAVE TWINS THEY 19 MONTHS OLD I AM TAE-BOING AT LEAST 3 TIMES A WEEEK FOR 25 MINUTES WHAT CAN I DO OR EAT TO HELP LOOSE MY TUMMY
MY PROBLEM IS I LOVE BREAD AND RICE SHOULD I CUT THIS OUT THANKS

Dear ZD
Congratulations on those twins - they must be a lot of work, but such a great achievement! You don't have to cut out bread and rice, but you do need to avoid smothering your carbohydrates in fat like butter, margarine, oil, cream, mayonnaise and fatty sauces because every gram of fat in the diet provides you with 37 kJ, while every gram of carbs only contains 16 kJ or less if it is high-fibre. You can try eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet) and doing targeted exercises like situps for your tummy to tighten the muscles that must have been severely stretched by the twins during your pregnancy.
Keep up the good work with the Taebo.

1

Dear ZD
Keep up the good work with the Taebo.