Question
Posted by: CMS | 2010/01/27

30 Month Old Still Not Sleeping Through

I'  m not sure if my LB has a sleeping disorder or not.
He is 30 months old, is still being breastfed (on demand). I will begin weaning him off soon, I was just wondering if this is the cause for his irregular sleep pattern.
He has never slept well (from birth) - erratic sleep, sometimes for only 10 minutes at a time. Now that he'  s older, he cant do more than 2 hours at a time and then he'  s awake for a long while. Soothing techniques, etc DO NOT help.
We do, at best, about 5 hours'  (broken) sleep a night - and that' s on a good night.
Does this warrant further investigation, and where do I start?
Thank you!

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Discuss it with your pediatrician. Children tend to wake after about an hour, but should then be able to learn to get back to sleep without waking the household.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/01/28

Reply to Sleep expert