Question
Posted by: Dorianne | 2010-03-26

3 year old child doing sex position

I would like to know if it is normal for a 3 year old to undress her self, take her doll face at put it at her private parts en lick the dols bum. I have heard of some toddlers mastrubating, but the way the child is doing it, is a bit concerning. I am no expert, but surely she must have seen something. I would really like some expert advise.

thanks

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

I thank you for being an alert parent. I agree that you need to talk to what you are seeing. Please, please not in a punishing manner, not in a "we need to talk" manner.
Find a good time - when you both doing a mutual activity - cooking, driving, watching tv together, whatever is your time sharing activity. And then tell her you have seen her with her doll and you are curious as to what she is doing with her doll.
You always want to get her voice in first, before yours. This gives you a good idea of where she is at. Allow her to speak, encourage her to speak :'tell me more".. until you get a full picture of what this is about for her.
Of course you want to check in if this is happening to her; what she thinks about this activity and how it makes her feel.
If you feel overwhelmed at the idea of holding such a conversation , I strongly recommend you take her to a specialised therapist - play therapist or sex therapist who works with children.

1
Posted by: koos | 2010-03-30

switch of e-tv.

Reply to koos