Question
Posted by: Abc | 2011/03/08

3 week old Labrador x Chow

We saved a lab x chow when a lady came into our office and said the mother doesn''t want the babies anymore. We''re feeding her Royal Canin Babydog. We have also started mixing a very small amount of Royal Canin puppy food with her milk.

So she''s sorted and picking up weight nicely.

Please tell me what to do to have a well balanced pup as an adult dog. I''ve introduced her to my 3 trained dogs. They smell and lick her. But she''s still too small for playing. What else can I do?

Thank you so much!

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi, lovely to hear from you. One thing that you can do for her that will stand her in good stead for the rest of your life is to take her to puppy classes from 8 weeks of age.

You will first have to produce her innoculation certificate. Even tho' you already have dogs at home, this is the equivalent of a child going to pre school and teaches excellent social skills.

Have a look for one in the area closest to you and go and see how they work first, and then take it from there. Under my CV info on this site you will find the info of a site where you will have free access to all sorts of puppy info which will help you. Good luck!

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/03/09

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert