Question
Posted by: BB | 2011/03/03

3 Positive Preg Tests

Hi, it has been 6 weeks since my last period (18 Jan). I did two tests yesterday (morning &  evening) both positive. Did another one also positive. So I can accept that I am preg? Should I go for bloodtests too? When can I make my first appointment at the Gyni?

It sounds like you are pregnant. See your gynaecologist by 10 weeks.

4

Posted by: BB | 2011/03/04

Thank you, made an appointment at the Gyno!

Reply to BB
Posted by: Lolo | 2011/03/04

Congratulations you are mother to be!!!!

Go and see your gynae just to confirm you are preggies sonar will show you that.

You can also make appontment at Clinic when you are 12 weeks.

also visit this site www dot whattoexpect dot com it will help you all the way.

Reply to Lolo
Posted by: Purple | 2011/03/03

Yes, you are pregnant. Congratulations.

You should phone for your first gynae appointment now. You will probably go in this week or next where a scan will be done to see the amniotic sac, date the pregnancy and give you some guidelines for the coming months. As you have a positive pregnancy test, you probably won''t need to do a blood test, but if your gynae wants one for some reason s/he''ll send you for one. In my experience the home tests detect pregnancy before a blood test does anyway. (I''ve had a home test tell me I was pregnant, a blood test a week later saying I wasn''t - well I''ve got a 7 year old to prove that I was actually pregnant).

Your gynae will then next want to see you at about 12 weeks.

Buy yourself the book " what to expect when you are expecting"  its really brilliant and answers all many, many questions we have when pregnant. Its written in a month by month format and in each month are questions and answers to the common questions we all have at that stage. Pretty much all book shops sell it and you can ask for it by name and they will know it. There are three authors - Murkoff and Hathaway are two, I can''t remember the third, but you don''t even need to name the authors for the book store to know the book you are referring to.

Reply to Purple