Question
Posted by: Soraya | 2011/01/25

3 Deprova Injections at age 33 and trying to fall pregnant at age 34

Greetings, I have been on the injection. I started the injection December 2009 on the injection, I went for another injection in March 2010 and another in June 2010. I spoke to a GP and a nurse and searched the internet and have found that there are differing points of view on when I can possibly fall pregnant. I am 34 years old and started the injection close to when I turned 33. From what I am told and researched, I can fall pregnant within 12 weeks (internet), one year (doctor) or 3 years (nurse). I am very worried as I was also told by the nurse that after 30 it becomes more difficult to fall pregnant once taking the injection. I am 34 and I feel the need to fall pregnant as soon as possible to avoid health complications. Please could you shed some light on this. Also are there any means to increase the chance of falling pregnant such as diet and particular vitamins. Your advice would be much appreciated.

On average, women who have been on the injection fall pregnant about n9 months after stopping. However, some women fall pregnant immediately and some take up to a year. It varies from individual to individual. There is no specific diet but you should take folic acid if you are trying to conceive.

2

Posted by: Star | 2011/01/25

Take an oral contraception just to regulate and get everything going again. I took Yaz for 3 months to get the ovulation going and periods regulated and fell preg about 2 month after quitting it. I was on nuetrate (spelling) 2 month injection for about 3 years and after 2 years of nothing happening went on the pill as per my GP''s advice. I''m currently 33 and 34wks preg.

Reply to Star