Question
Posted by: Baby | 2010/08/15

2nd Time

I am pregnant with my second child and this pregnancy has been completely different. I understand no two pregnancies are the same but I am quite surprised at just how different it has been.
My question is from about how many weeks does a baby generally turn into a delivery position. Head down? With my first from very early on at every ultrasound he was head down. I am now 26 weeks pregnant and this baby has his head under my ribs and is almost standing on my bladder. I do not feel movements like I felt with my first and with this baby the movements are very slight. With my first baby I could often see him somersaulting and moving about. I have not seen this with this baby. Only little kicks and thats all. I have not yet seen my whole stomach move like it did with my first. Could something be wrong. According to the ultrasounds the baby is growing well and has a good heartbeat. What could be the reason for him not moving so much?

If the baby has not settled in the head down position by 34 weeks, then there would be caused for concern. If the scans are all normal, he is probably just a quieter baby.

3