Question
Posted by: Eagle Eye | 2010/05/21

2nd round blues

People please help.I am 35 years of age and I just can not seem to be able to do two rounds on any given night. Sometimes I have an erection and then as soon as I start with the deed it just dies.

Dear Eagle Eye,

The concept of rounds in many cultures in South Africa is in itself the problem. I often consult men who complain of erection problems because of the expectation being that they must do up to four rounds in a night.

The problem is that this is a culturally based sexual expectation not informed by biology. As men we have a phase to our sexual response cycle called the refractory period, which occurs after orgasm and resolution. It is the time that has to pass before it is physically possible for a man to get physically aroused again for penetrative sex. The older we get as men this time period naturally gets longer. Other factors like our level of fitness, our general medical health, our mental and emotional health, the frequency of our sexual activities all can also impact on this.

The pont being that quality is better than quantity. Make the one round really count.

There may be times when the mood is right, your health is right and things just click and you find a second round is able to happen then other times this does not happen. This is normal.

It is when the pressure of the expectation of a second, third or fourth round is placed on men that problems arise.

5
Posted by: barbs | 2010/05/21

look man i think u need some help coz u not that old that u cant have sex da whole nyt... ma boyfriend is 33 n he can still hold his erection maybe 5 times a nyt n am nt talking about 2 minutes round......so plz jst get it checked out

Reply to barbs
Posted by: bryn | 2010/05/21

get used to it. It is called getting old. Wont be long before doing it twice in two days becomes an issue

Reply to bryn
Posted by: mark | 2010/05/21

Bo: have you lost the plot completely? Get a grip on reality this has nothing to do with being dirty.
As far as I know going two rounds a night would be unusual for many men - I don''t think this is anything to worry about!

Reply to mark
Posted by: Bo | 2010/05/21

Clean yourself, you''re dity inside. Couster oil will do the trick.

Reply to Bo
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/05/21

Dear Eagle Eye,

Reply to sexologist