Question
Posted by: anon | 2012/05/30

2nd opinion

i recently went to see my gynae because i have been bleeding for the past 2 months and a stop and go basis meaning i will bleed for a few days stop then it starts again - doc did an ultrasound and noticed the lining of my ovaries are thick - did a blood test and papsmear - not she got me on gluchopage - said my insulin is not normal - cd this be the cause of the thickening around the ovaries?

It sounds like you have polycystic ovaries - this causes thickened ovarian capsule and insulin resistance.