Question
Posted by: Liezl | 2012/09/17

2nd miscarriage

Hi I have just had my 2nd miscarriage. what do I do now? where do I get answers? My doctor did blood tests only because I asked her to, but all were negative. She wasn''t interested at all in advising me what I could do to find out what went wrong. People keep on telling me about the Rhesus factor. My partner is A negative and I am O positive. Does blood types make any difference? I can''t keep on falling pregnant and have miscarrigages. Please advise me what my options are.

You and your partner's blood groups would not cause miscarriage. Sometimes the cause cannot be found. Your doctor probably looked for the commonest causes and the fact that these were negative is a good sign. If the miscarriage was after 16 weeks, an incompetent cervix could be the cause and there are tests for this.

1