Question
Posted by: Nakes | 2011/05/12

2nd Miscarriage

We started trying for baby at the start of 2010 all prelim test for both of us were all good and having never been on the pil l ddnt think i would have problems.
I fell pregnant in oct 2010 and miscarried @ what should have been 8weeks but fetus stopped growing at 6.5weeks and heart rate was weak.
I found out now in April 2011 i was preg but miscarried again at about 6weeks. No further testing has been done or recommended and my doctor says i am not considered a high risk.
I need answers would you recommend i get a second opinon as i dont understand how 2misccariages in a row could be considered normal? I am 30 now and turning 31 this year so my age is also starting to worry me more

After 2 miscarriages your chance of a normal pregnancy the next time are about 80%. Usually women are only investigated after 3 miscarriages. The one test that would be useful to do at this stage would be a sugar test.

1