Question
Posted by: Desperate | 2008/07/23

2nd baby and a tilted uterus???

I had my first child 12 years ago at the age of 20 and now me and hubby are trying to for no 2.
I used to be very active playing sport and returned back to playing soccer 6 months after the birth of my baby. I used contraceptives and decided 5 years ago to start trying for another baby.
My gynae says that my womb is slightly tilted and I can only assume it happened years ago. I had no pain and therefor no knowledge that it happened. However, he says that this should not interfere with a pregnancy.
But we have been trying for the past 5 years and I had a laparoscopy done last year. I am also ovulating normally (blood tests done)... Why can' t I get pregnant?
I have also had problems with infections, cysts etc. Gynae had me on a 3day course of fertility pills and sweared that I should fall pregnant during those 3 days. Nothing happened.
As he says that nothing is wrong with me could it be hubby or something to do with my tilted uterus.

Please advise anyone

Dear Desperate

I strongly agree with what your gynaecologist has done thus far. I certainly would suggest a semen analysis be done and should this prove to be normal, I would recommend intrauterine insemination in the knowledge that there is retroversion of your uterus. The procedure is fairly simple and cost effective.

Answered by: Dr.M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Desperate | 2008/07/24

Hi Jenny

Thank you for the response.
I am really at my wits end. I have informed hubby last night that he should go for tests but now I think I have hurt his ego a bit.

Will go for second opinion as suggested in the meantime whilst trying to convince hubby...

Thanks again

Reply to Desperate
Posted by: Jenny | 2008/07/23

I think its time for a second opion, rather try a fertility clinic, in South-Africa there are some good docters.
something may be blocking your tubes, or there may just be a small problem, and your husband should also be tested.

Reply to Jenny