Question
Posted by: Tasneem | 2010/06/01

29 weeks pregnant, with cough for weeks

I am 29 weeks pregnant and have a cold and worst a cough for three weeks. Gynae and docs gave me Expigen syrup, eventually an antibiotic but still coughing. Cough was initially dry, now bit productive and also feel a stuffy nose for few days.
I think i need an antihistamine/ or (prednisone), is this allowed in pregnancy.
Really frustrated and worried
Thanks.

You can use Iliadin nasal spray if necssary.

2

Posted by: goodluck | 2010/06/01

Rember that you only allowed what your Dr prescibes for you, just be patient and you will be ok. I am now 37 and haad flu for most of the weeks, but just kept it to Panado and Expigen. I didn''t even want to try and take any chance. Eat your vitamin C(orange/naartjie...)

Reply to goodluck