Posted by: Single Dude | 2008-12-11

29 and single

I am a 29 year old male, and have never had a relationship before. I am a very shy person and always found it very difficult to go talk to women, now I am even more scared as I am sure that they do not want to go out with someone at my age who has not had a relationship before. Of all the girls that I had the courage to ask out, they have all turned me down. All my firnds are married, so I don' t even get the chance to go out anymore, as I hate going out to places alone. How can I make life easier by accepting the fact that I am going to be single forever and living with it?

Lets see what other readers have to say. I think you'd be surprised how many women might appreciate knowing a nice sincere guy of 29 who might lack the bad habits some of his colleagues have developed. I don't at all think you are doomed to be single forever ( not that this would be disasterous if so ). Consider some counselling sessions to boost your self-confidence and brush up on techniques for forming friendships ; get involved in charities and NGOs to to good works with people worse off that you --- and meet some other nice people.

Posted by: Single Dude | 2008-12-12

Hey Girly - sorry not allowed to pass e-mails over this site.

Reply to Single Dude
Posted by: girly | 2008-12-12

we are of the same age. give me your e-mail addy and we can take it from there!

Reply to girly
Posted by: Single Dude | 2008-12-12

Thanks everyone for the replies. I feel much better of the situation, and am going carry on to not giving up. I am going to look at clubs etc in my area and take it from there!

Reply to Single Dude
Posted by: Me | 2008-12-12

I am a 28 year old woman and as CS says, to be honest, it is refreshing that someone has not developed those so-called ' bad habits' . The others all have good suggestions on how to get out there and meet someone.
I suppose I should talk, I too am single. Every single one of my relationships has been a disaster!
The girls dont need to know you havent been in a relationship before. That is something you can tell them at a later stage once you have gotten to know each other properly. You sound like a nice guy so Im sure its just a matter of not having the confidence or getting out there.

Reply to Me
Posted by: AnOn | 2008-12-11

I also met my husband online, we have been together for 9 years!
Agree about joining a volunteer program etc - Good Luck!

Reply to AnOn
Posted by: funandgames | 2008-12-11

dont stress dude, you' ll meet her eventually...the benefit you have is little baggage...the down side is you also have zero experience...just make sure you get a nice girl thats good for you...not a pain in the-|-that the only pleasure you derive from is giving her a " pain in the ass" !

Reply to funandgames
Posted by: Maria | 2008-12-11

I was single until the age of 33. So don' t worry, there' s hope! Join a club, do some volunteer work, learn a new skill... all places where you can meet new people, build your self confidence, be less lonely and become a more interesting person. I met my husband on an internet dating site.

Good luck!

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Nozi | 2008-12-11

Honey if big brother intended for u to be alone then that' s what you' ll be a bach.
But I think you not moving in the right circles here, I know the feeling to go out alone, maybe get into these chat rooms etc and hook onto some nice ladies and invite them out.
If a lady is ment for you believe me you will know.
Hang in there, maybe one of your married friends will invite u to a do and who knows whom u may meet there, best of luck and not to worry so much, hey u still a youngster,so stop fretting now.

Reply to Nozi