Question
Posted by: Lin | 2011/11/14

28 and a half weeks pregnant + Hernia

I''m 28 and a half weeks pregnant and I have a hernia about 1cm above my bely button a bit to the right. It was smallish and only hurt when I had sneezed alot. On Saturday I sneezed quite a lot and during on of the sneezes it felt as if the hernia tore bigger (literally). It now hurts the whole time. :(
Apart from a maternity belt and holding pushing down lightly to get the stuff that pops out back inside, what else can I do? I do press lightly when I sneeze or cough, ect as well.
I''m in real pain and feel so helpless as to what to do about it.

It could be that a loop of bowel is caught in the hernia. You should see your doctor about this.

1