Posted by: Karen | 2009-02-13

27 years of age, yearly tests?

I am 27, i have been sexually active from age 23. I am on nuristerate. I love using it since i am not a very good pill taker and dont want any kids, my husband luckily feels the same. I have heard alot of stories about the injections causing blood clots because you stop menstruating. i mestruate lightly for a week or so before i have to go for my follow up injection.
The other question i have is what tests should i have performed. i have never gone for a papsmear and i know i should go. but is there any other tests that i should get done while i am busy getting myself checked?

You do not menstruate because Nuristerate thins the womb lining so there is nothing to come away.
You need a pap smear but nothing else unless you have symptoms.