Posted by: Unique | 2009-04-15

26 weeks pregnant - Depression back?

I' m 26 weeks pregnant I feel like my depression coming back (was last on treatment about a year ago). I' m not sure if it' s depression or I' m just feeling down because I can' t sleep. I run out of sleep in the early hours of the morning...Is there anything I can do to solve the problem.

I am happy about the pregnancy just changes at work that may be worrying me but I don' t they are important enough for me to loose sleep over.

Lack of slep will do this to you, even with no preceding history of Depression. Why not discuss it with the psychiatrist who treated you then and presumably knows you well ? Liza makes sense about gentle exercise, milky drinks, all the usual safe measures to enhance sleepiness. And if you wake early and otherwise well, don't fret about it, but get up gradually and do something useful.

Posted by: Liza | 2009-04-15

Lack of sleep can make anyone feel down. Combined with the hormone changes of pregnancy can make the down feelings worse.

Try exercising more. Nothing too strenuous that could endanger the baby, but something like stretching a lot can help to tire you out - causing better sleep, as well as relaxing your muscles more - causing better sleep.

Hope this helps.

Reply to Liza