Posted by: Lily | 2012-11-07

25kgs to Loose

I am a 27 year old mother and i desperately need to loose weight. None of my clothes fit anymore and its seriously depressing!
I live a VERY fast and busy lifestyle. I get up at 5am to get my kid to school on time and get to work by 8. I work til 5 and travel via PT and get home just after 6 and then have household chores and work a 2nd job at night. So usually its " on the go"  meals.
I carry most of my weight in my stomach and i really wanna loose it. I''ve cut out all sweets and sodas and try to drink at least 500mls of water a day. Im also taking Phedra-Cut Liquid before i eat. What else can i do to loose this weight? Any suggestions? I dont have time for gym.

Dear Lily
I understand that your life is an endless blur of activity with very little time to spend on yourself. The fact that you are cutting out sweets and sweetened cold drinks, is a step in the right direction. To lose weight you need to basically reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). In addition, one needs to increase the energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). If you don't have time for gym or going for walks, you can still make sure that you keep physically active by walking whenever possible, climbing stairs, and even buying a skipping rope for a weekend workout. Combine the weekend skipping with sit-ups for the tummy. As you lose weight all round, your tummy will start to reduce.

Posted by: Chrissy | 2012-11-09

You can also buy the DVD set of Billy Blanks - Tae Bo (kick boxing) - it comes with easy instructions and you can use it in your home - no extra gym costs and it is safe - you don''t have to go outside. If you follow the instructions and do the exercises it will assist you with loosing weigth and also shape and tone you body naturally. I have been using it for 5 years and have not gained the weight back I lost - but that also goes hand in hand with a proper eating plan (not diet). 30 mins a day of this exercise will also increase your general health and it also curves your appetite to a certain extent once you get into the exercise program. Same suggestion goes for you Baboo - just check with your doctor first on the intensity of the exercise,

Reply to Chrissy
Posted by: Baboo Mayet | 2012-11-07

I am a 55year old male.
I want to loose 15-20kg quickly.
I am Diabetic on Insulin.
Is there a Retreat, Farm, Estate or somewhere I can go in South Africa, for 2 weeks or so and they teach, treat, feed, live in, etc?.

Reply to Baboo Mayet