Question
Posted by: Sello | 2013/02/13

252 to Woman

Good Day Woman. Your questions and comments on post 252 are without a doubt very critical and deserve outmost attention. Let me attempt addressing and redressing them.

Comment: I get that you are a strong, proud black man and that for you your political party is also part of your life.
Answer: Yes I am black and strong and through my achievements in life i have seen a better world. ANC is my life. i was a member of the ANCY in my early age and advanced to full membership of the ANC later in life. ANC is an intergral part of my life and I am proud of that. I thank you for having noticed and appreciating some of my attributes.

Question: I just want to ask you something. Are you happy with the way the ANC is currently running the country?
Answer: It is my strongest considered view that the ANC is running this country better than any other party could have done. yes I am happy the way the ANC runs the country. We are not in crises as some oppositional elements would like us to believe. The ANC has establshed democratic institutions that are fully functional. The rights of children, women, the disabled and monirities are protected by the bill of rights and the constitutions followed by the various pieces of legislation that has been passed through parliament. The economy is growing against the backdrop of regressive European economy. We have had sound political stability since 1994. There is no threat to our government. Ofcourse there are numerous challenges that poses a risk to the way the ANC runs the country. Sometimes the media and oppositional parties wants to make a big meal out of the situation. They sensetionalise and scare many people. We are not a banana republic or some fish and chips shop. THeANC handles difficult and complex issues day in day out.

Questions: Which changes would you like to see the ANC make? Compulsory and free education. improved health care system. Revise BBBEE with an objectve of forcing all companies doing business in SA to comply with ownership requirements. Fast track the returning of land to the people who were dispossed of it. Force all businesses to accelearate the policies on AA and EE. Deal decisvely with corruption and root it out in all sectors of our social settings.

Question: Would you support the death penalty, for instance. What about infrastructure (roads, electricity, public services and Amswer: No I do not support the death penalty. We have not reached a point as yet where we can say this form of punishment is fair and just.

Billions of rands has been spent is improving infrstrucure. The great N1 abnd N2 have been improved significantly. the R300 etc. There has been more bridges and infrastructure that has been built. The DORA act is making headways in the manner in which government allocates capital budgets. The Mycity and Reyavaya bus services is just another example. THe Gautrain etc.

Are you accepting of the current situation, or would you like to see it change? What about corruption - would you like to see it change or does it not matter to you.
Answer: Yes corruption matters to me. We need to stamp it out and send all those culprits to jail. In general i find our situation in SA acceptable and there are no alarming bells of significant note. Corruption is committed by those that are greedy both black and white. It is not an ANC only thing. The white coporate also does it and from what we have learnt it is even worse there. I can go on and on because we live in a functioning country. I want to see out country prosper but this must be determined by the majority through the ballot box.

I am genuinely interested in your point of view :)

10
Posted by: Whena | 2013/02/18

I did not ask who the builders/initiators of Ryavya and Gautrain is - I made a comment that they will never be profitable as they are RUN by ANC cadres- how many black people can afford Gautrain and Ryavya on a daily basis? Very few- so there goes your argument about it being a means of mass trasnsport

Reply to Whena
Posted by: Sello | 2013/02/15

Appology accepted. DORA uses a 60/40 subsidy dispensation for public transport. So in other words, the national public purse will pay for the running of these busses. I think that is fair because we live in a democratic state that distributes wealth through affirmative programmes. This is just one of them. Let me also clarify the issue of who gets these opportunities. Gautrain was built by a white company and a small fraction was sub-contracted to black SMME''s and some of them were screwed. Secondly, for your information, MyCity is owned by the City of Cape Town which is governed by the DA, it is also owned by Goldne arrow who is in the white hands and a small fraction goes to the Taxi industry that operated the affected areas. So it is not true that all thes goes to ANC comrades. But you know mos ne that we will never leave these opportnities becuase these are new projects with new money.

Reply to Sello
Posted by: Whena | 2013/02/15

Sello -my apologies that was me that cmmented that Ryavya, Gautrain etc will never be profitable due to the ANC cadres being deployed not because of their skill but rather because of their polotical connections.

While we wait - who will be paying for these inflated costs and personell numbers? The people who cannot afford to ride on these luxury transport

Reply to Whena
Posted by: Sello | 2013/02/15

It really boggs my mind why would people pretend to me when they post. Please note that the immediate above post is not mine. But let me tell you that in actual fact and contrary to the popular belief, MyCity and Reyavaya were established in terms of the LTTA Act whose main objective is to provide affordable public transport through the DORA allocation and these were not meanrt to be a profit orianted business. But I can assure you that these businesses will break even and be self sustainable not very long.

Reply to Sello
Posted by: Sello | 2013/02/15

I can guarantee you that neither Ryavya, nor the Gautrain, nor MYCity will ever be profitable- not because of swart gevaar or any other reason other than that they are being run by ANC cadres - who are deployed not because of their knbowledge in running a bussiness but as a payment for polotical favours.

Yes you might be sleeping safe because you can afford the latest security - but what about the millions who cannot - tough luck to them?

BTW you still have not answered my question - what makes you think I am white?

Reply to Sello
Posted by: Sello | 2013/02/14

Mr DWM I ask again, what questions are you talking about? I have provided direct response to Woman''s questions. Ek wag

Reply to Sello
Posted by: Sello | 2013/02/14

No I ahve not driven between Durban and JHB but I do know that there are works being carried out in that road and that there is a scheduled maintenance plan. There can never be a 100% secured property. Yes myself, wife and family feel safe and we also realise that no one is immune to violance. See how the blade runner MR Prestorious shot and killed his own wife and claimed that he thought she was an intruder. The Mycity is currently running at R120 million deficit this figure was poreviously recorded at R160 million and its narrowing down. This is normal to every business. THey will reach a breakeven point and them they will be profitable at some point. I am not sure about the Gautrain but can imagine they are going through the same thing. Problem with you pigs you are too perssimistic and your swart gevaar fears are driving you crazy over nothing and the worst thing is that you want to take everyone down that lane. Remember the pig who went to Canada seeking emigration status claiming that there was planned voilance against white people and he failed. You are not different from that fool.

I AM BLACK AND STRONG AND I HAVE MADE MY POINT

Reply to Sello
Posted by: Whena | 2013/02/14

Sello - have you recently driven on the N3 between Durban and Johannesburg? Have you recently driven on most of the suburban roads on the East Rand? Have you slept in a property that does not have a 100 security measures?Does your wifeand family feel safe? Is the MyCity, Ryavaya and Gautrain profitable?

Reply to Whena
Posted by: Sello | 2013/02/14

What questions are you talking about please enlighten me?

Reply to Sello
Posted by: DWM | 2013/02/14

LMFAO....what a total ignoramus, with the typical ignoramus response, answering with questions!

Reply to DWM