Question
Posted by: Aaliya | 2011/03/04

25 year old skincare advice

i recently turned 25. i have tried many products and have never been happy. i recently started using ellizabeth ardens intervene range which feels good on my skin. would you advise otherwise? are there any products which you would suggest?

i have oily skin and suffered with full-blown acne in my teen years which has left me with scarring especially on my cheeks (and on my back - can you suggest something for me to use on my back?) also, i have developed fine frown lines on my forehead and when i smile you can notice llines developing around my eyes. what can i do now to start orotecting my skin and keep it in good condition? i drink plenty of water and have started eating better.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Aaliya, thank you for the question.

I am a firm believer in using ingredients that have shown with studies to benefit the skin such as alphahydroxy and polyhydroxy acids, vitamin C, vitamin A or its derivatives, and the anti-oxidant idebenone (Prevage MD). Following this my advice would be to look at NeoStrata (doctor dispensed only), Environ, Nimue, IS Clinical, etc. but there is nothing wrong with using Elizabeth Arden’s product range.

Your most important topical product is a good SPF (50 or higher) that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide and it should be applied several times daily and to practice sun avoidance as much as possible (hat, umbrella, etc.).

Scarring may be difficult to treat using topical products only but my advice would be to consider NeoStrata’s Ultra Smoothing Lotion and a course of chemical peels (glycolic acid).
Your best option in preventing the appearance of lines around the eyes and forehead is to consider Botox to restrict the muscle movement (not completely stopping the movement). If however you are not considering Botox as an option one may have to start chemical peels (glycolic) and technology based treatments (IPL or fractional skin resurfacing).

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011/03/06

Hi Aaliya, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert