Posted by: Lisa | 2009-03-09

25 weeks pregnant and lower abdominal pa

Dear GyneaDoc,

I am 25 weeks pregnant and yesterday morning I woke up with severe lower abdominal pains (not cramps, it is a constant stabbing pain), it was quite bad, I couldn'  t walk up right. I got into the bath, and lay there reading and relaxing for about an hour and it went away. This morning at 3h00 I had the same thing, and had to do the bath thing again. Baby is fine, and still does the normal amount of movements.

I have no weird discharge or anything, but are under a bit of stress at the moment. Could the stress be the cause of it?

It could be muscular pain, which may be related to stress. A bladder infection is also a possibility. I would suggest that you phone your doctor.