Question
Posted by: Dizzy | 2011/01/17

24/7 Dizzy Spells

Hi Doc,

I have been experiencing Dizzy Spells for the last 2 weeks. Constant 24/7 which feels like I''m going to keel over any minute. I had my blood pressure checked and all is well. i do suffer from Insulin resistance which I''m on a low GI diet but still feel dizzy. I dont suffer with Vertigo so sure that it isnt ear infection. My doctor is only back from leave next week can you assist me in the meantime.

Hallo Dizzy
The cause of a "faint" feeling (vertigo = a drunk feeling)is often lack of blood circulation to the brain - either due to low blood pressure or irregular heartbeat,a metabolic (electrolyte or iron) or a brain problem.
See http://www.medicinenet.com/dizziness_dizzy/article.htm.
You need to see a doctor to examine you and see if you need an ECG, blood test for anemia, review of medications you are taking, blood sugar test etc, as the treatment will be very specific for the cause of the dizziness.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/17

Hallo Dizzy