Posted by: Racoon | 2010-05-31

24 weeks pregnant and pulled a stomach muscle

Dear Gynae Doc

Yesterday while playing on the roundabout with my son, I appear to have strained an abdominal muscle. Its low down on the right hand side of my belly, seems like a muscle attached to the hip bone. I did speak to a doc at A& E just to find out if I needed to be checked out, but she said that if the pain went away while I was resting it was ok. And so it is, its only painful when I get up from sitting, and then also when I carry anything. How long will this last? Its quite and annoyance as I have 2 kids, and especially the 16 month old still needs to be picked up regularly...

A strained muscle can take a few days to a week or two to settle down. In this time you should avoid further strain.