Question
Posted by: Lee | 2008/09/09

23/f with loss of sex drive

I am 23 and female, and I have had zero interest in sex for about 6 months now. This isn' t normal for me - it was one of my top priotities before!! I am on the pill and I have crohn' s disease. Any ideas? Are their supplements I should be taking? I also have very irregular periods, if that makes any difference?

Lee, my initial thoughts relate to the impact of any medication you are taking as a loss of libido may be one of the side effects. Oral contraceptives are known to impact negatively on libido, and it may be worth checking out alternatives with your prescribing doctor. As a non-medic I'm not sure what medication you might be taking for Crohn's disease, and the likely implications for your libido, or even the degree of discomfort you are in with this disease and the impact of that on your desire to be sexual...

It sounds like it's been quite a sudden decline in libido, though, so think back to what else changed and try to identify other factors that could contribute to a loss of sexual interest.

2
Posted by: JK | 2008/09/10

Are you in a relationshiip with anyone at the moment?

Reply to JK
Posted by: Mr P | 2008/09/10

See the reply to Post 620. It' s not directly related to your situation, but al least the same principles applies when it comes to your sexdrive.

Reply to Mr P