Posted by: Aunty | 2011-01-31

We were all agnry at my 23 year old sister''s behaviour and we all suggested if she thinks she is old sheo should move out and get her own place. And last week she surprised all of us and said she found a place of her own and she is moving out. we care so much about her I called her today asking her if she will cope leaving on her own wth the little salary that she gets and she said THIS IS WHAT YOU ALL WANTED SO I AM GIVING YOU WHAT YOU WANTED. She''s got a very bad attitude of which one day she said to her mom YOU SHOULD BUILD A HOME FOR ME.
I am deeply hurt by this

Agreed, it doesn't sound like a mature or sensible, or helpful atitude that she has. I don't see why o how she expects her mother to build a home for her. Maybe some experience of how hard it is to take care of herself will help her get real about the business of managing one's life without expecting other people to do it all for you.

Posted by: Romany | 2011-01-31

23 years i a good age to leave the nest.
She has a job, earns a salary so give her the benefit of the doubt.
She may surprise you all.
Friendly emotional support will be nice.... maybe that will change her attitude?
I moved out of home at 18 and lived on brown bread and apricot jam for 16 months but loved every minute of it.
Never had to listen to my mothers sarcastic nagging again.

Reply to Romany