Question
Posted by: lolly | 2010/05/03

22 wks pregnant &  no sign of baby''s kicks...

I am 22 weeks pregnant and i havent started feeling any baby kicks whatsoever, is this normal, i''ve read articles about what happens at what stage of the pregnancy, and as far as those are concerned i should have started feeling the baby kicking, is this something i should be worried about?

If you have had normal scans, it is nothing to worry about. SOme women do not feel the kicks as clearly as others.

3

Posted by: __ | 2010/05/03

Just try drinking fanta or eat jelly tots, sit still and concentrate on what''s happening in your tummy.

Reply to __
Posted by: Purple | 2010/05/03

The way that books and other people describe babies movements is not actually that accurate, they all say its like a feathery movement.
Personally, I felt it was like an air bubble running along my skin on the inside.

Very thin people tend to feel movement earlier. With my first pregnancy I was really skinny and I felt movement at 14 weeks.
If someone is overweight they won''t really feel it till much later, but it is around 22 weeks that we should feel it.

Try drinking something high in sugar such as an ice cold can of fanta or even coke (Fanta has a lot more sugar though) and then sit quietly and see if you can feel anything.
During the day, baby is often rocked to sleep by our movements, but then when we sit quietly in the evenings or when we lie in bed at night, they start to move, so maybe try this in the early evening tonight.

If you are very worried, then give your gyane a call and go in for a scan. I was worried as my son didn''t move that much and I went in and had a scan and he was fine.

Reply to Purple